Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer Michael D. Doyle
Filing for bankruptcy in Elyria, OH is not an easy decision to make. Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer Michael D. Doyle has been admitted to the United State District Court, Northern District of Ohio, where Bankruptcy cases are heard, for 25 years. His many years of experience as a Bankruptcy Attorney give him the expertise to advise you whether bankruptcy is an option that can be beneficial to you in difficult financial situations.
Financial problems are stressful. Collection calls and garnishments can be embarrassing and financially devastating. Filing for bankruptcy ends the collection calls, lawsuits, wage garnishments and other attempts to collect your debts.
There are two types of bankruptcy available to consumers seeking to declare bankruptcy: Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Often called a straight bankruptcy. Most filers qualify for this option.
- Most debts are discharged in this option, meaning you are no longer personally responsible for the debt. Bankruptcy usually cannot discharge most taxes, student loans, and domestic support obligations.
- Many assets, including homes, vehicles, household goods, jewelry, and retirement savings can be maintained unless they have significant value above an “exemption” amount determined by law. However, if you still have an outstanding loan on your home, vehicle or other asset that you wish to keep, you must continue to make the payments.
- In order to file under Chapter 7, you must have inadequate income to pay for debts after paying your reasonable living expenses. Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer Michael D. Doyle, conveniently located in Elyria, OH, can evaluate your situation and tell you if you qualify for this option.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Instead of being immediately discharged, your debts are restructured and paid back over three to five years under a payment plan that you can afford.
- Chapter 13 is an option for people with incomes too high or with assets too valuable to qualify for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 13 can often help you to avoid foreclosure.
- You can decide whether to keep your home and vehicle and continue to make payments or to surrender them to stop payments.
- If you have judgment liens or second mortgages, these can often be “stripped off” and converted to unsecured debt.
Elyria Bankruptcy Attorney
The office of Bankruptcy Attorney Michael D. Doyle is a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy under the bankruptcy code.
Unlike some bankruptcy law firms, when you call the office of Michael D. Doyle, Attorney at Law, you will not meet with an administrative assistant or low level associate attorney and be given a videotape to watch only to be told that “you don’t qualify” without ever meeting an experienced bankruptcy attorney. You will meet with Bankruptcy Attorney Michael D. Doyle personally in Elyria, OH, to discuss and assess your financial situation to determine whether bankruptcy is the right option for you.
Free Initial Consultation
Call today for your free initial consultation. While you are here, you can confidentially discuss your situation with Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer Michael D. Doyle, who will personally meet with you and advise you of your options. Attorney Doyle will explain how the Bankruptcy Code allows individuals who can no longer pay their bills to have a fresh start while keeping much of their property.
Attorney Michael D. Doyle has many years of experience dealing with personal bankruptcy. He will be there for you along every step of the process, from the preparation and filing of the Bankruptcy petition to the meeting of your creditors and until discharge. If issues in your case require a hearing, he will be the one to represent you. Your case will not be assigned to another attorney who is not familiar with your personal situation. Payment plans are available for the fees, and full payment is not required before starting your case. You can start your retainer with a minimum payment of $100.00.
Call the Elyria, OH office of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer Michael D. Doyle today for your free initial consultation to discuss your case and how you can be assisted in achieving a debt-free life.